Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Adorable Floor Pillows-DIY Project

My first sewing project was an apron I made just this last week; and for the past few days I've been working on some floor pillows for my (nonexistent) house. Lol :) . Can't wait to get them into our place in El Paso!!

I am very happy with how they turned out, and I learned alot while making them. Including how to sew an invisible zipper. If anyone out there wants to know, just say the word and I'll be happy to post a how-to; it's easier than you think! Anywho, I didn't have a pattern for these floor pillows I just HAD to have, so I kind of winged it... And it went very well! The bottom pillow is 22x22 inches, and the top is 15x17 inches. Both have a height of 4 inches. The first took me quite some time to do (with all that seam-ripping and all) but once I got that one done, the second (larger) one took me under three hours to complete. I just love them and the colors... I can't wait to see what they look like with all of our other decor!


On the note of James and I, we are chugging through the days one at a time. He got a 90% on his quiz today, I am SO happy and proud of him! I know he's not liking the new 4am to 11pm schedule, but I believe that he is loving the training and it's gonna get him where he wants to be. As for me, I'm sort of anxious to get back into school just so I can get it done. I have so many friends who have graduated and here I am, not done, but hey- I'm Married to the love of my life and the best guy in the whole wide world! Having a degree wouldn't make my life near as complete as it does having him by my side every day, for all eternity. 

xoxo,
The Fowlers

1 comment: