Sunday, June 23, 2013

Twinkie Cupcakes!

     
Processed with Keri Meyers' Sweet Sugar Action

Who's craving a rich, soft fluffy Twinkie?? I sure was... That was before I made these bad boys! They turned out super rich and creamy. I even photographed my every move for you all to see :) 

You can find the whole recipe I used at this link: Twinkie Cupcake Recipe.

These were the basic ingredients needed that I didn't have at home: Powdered sugar, yellow cake mix, marshmallow fluff, and vanilla pudding. (You need TWO jars of the marshmallow fluff, one for the filling and one for the icing.. That's TWO jars, the recipe on the link doesn't make that very clear on the top list of ingredients; it's kind of confusing! See the link for the full ingredients list.

                                      
When you make the cake batter, you'll do so as the box directs and just stir in that box of vanilla pudding. DO NOT MAKE THE PUDDING before stirring it in ladies!! Just put the powder in :) lol.


When I filled the cupcake liners, I used a 1/4 cup scoop and heaped them pretty well; each one had only about a 1/4 inch at the top of the liner left after being filled.


For the filling, it will be much lighter than the frosting. Leave it pretty light. After I mixed it I put it in a ziploc bag and snipped the corner. I opened the bag over the top of a measuring cup just to hold it open (you can have a hubby or friend do this as well).



Now, coring your cupcakes... My mom has this handy little tool for coring strawberries, and it worked ever so perfectly for coring these cupcakes! There may be a tool for doing so, but I'm not that fancy just yet :) . 


Next, fill your holes with the filling to the top... You can spread it or level it out if you go over.


When you make your frosting, you may use a special tool you have for icing cupcakes, but I'm kinda primitive (or redneck) and just stuck an icing tip in a snipped corner of a gallon ziploc bag. (I spread the bag over a larger container to hold it open here as well).

Beware.. follow the frosting instructions on the link for the marshmallow buttercream. It will  be thick if you follow the instructions. It states "about a bag" of powdered sugar, but be aware and watch how thick your frosting is getting. No exact amount is stated. Good luck and enjoy :) Happy Sunday to All!




1 comment: