Thursday, June 13, 2013

Lindsey Gets Crafty - Adorable Apron, Too Easy to Make!

So I've always been on the creative/crafty side, but me and sewing a straight line have never mixed well  haha :) But when I got the wild hair to sew something today, I pulled out a pattern I've had for a couple years now. Overall, it was really very easy, and it came together fairly quick!


My project was a "Susie Homemaker" apron, as my dad would call it. Something like this would be so so easy to make in a miniature form for a little girl, which I may have to try. It fits like a baby doll style top, and hits about six inches below the hips. It is VERY comfortable to wear, and I can't wait to bake something up while wearing it (tomorrow's project, possibly!!) to tell you all about it. It has a couple thick bands that tie in the back; I kept mine fairly long, just because I love bows and I'm a girly-girl! But they can be shortened if you need. The entire apron was just four main pieces to sew then put together, not including the two pockets, which can be left off or have just one... But they were SO easy to do.
                                                           

I added my own little embellishments, like the button bow up top (like I said before, I LOVE bows) and the rick rack on the pockets. The bow I added with velcro on the back, so it can be removed when the apron needs to be washed. The button is attached with Eileen's Tacky Glue (best craft glue ever!).

                         
                                                      

If I get a lot of hits on people wanting the full know-how, I'll just have to make another one and take step-by-step photos for ya'll :). As far as my wonderful hubby goes, he is doing very well. I ask that he stays in your prayers going through these 8 weeks as the program moves very very fast and it requires a lot of studying. I'm so proud of all he does for this country; I'm such a lucky girl!!

I hope you like my creation and I hope you keep coming back for more! Now I gotta go find more ideas to keep me busy; have a great night ya'll!

xoxo,
The Fowlers


1 comment: