Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Our (Well... My) Ultimate Purpose for this Blog

Here we are: seven years after meeting each other, five years of off-and-on dating; several breakups, one deployment, and an amazing wedding later! Not even two months into our marriage, and already apart. Once. Again. While we are sure this won't be the last time (being a military couple and all), it is much harder this time than ever before. We're a married couple now, and after several weeks of adventure and being ultimately spur-of-the-moment crazy, it seems that our life has been established - even though it hasn't.

In essence, we have yet to get settled into "Our First Place". Don't get me wrong... Living in hotels, never having to clean or cook, and living out of a suitcase has had its advantages. We've been all over, from the Western Caribbean to Oregon, to Fort Campbell to Memphis, to Monroe Louisiana (yeah, we went to DUCK COMMANDER.. Be Jealous! :)  ) and all the way to Texas and the antique stores in between - I have a weakness for old junk! But I'm longing for the days where I can do all of the "wife" things for my husband in our own home.

We have eight weeks apart while James goes through phase 1 of his LPN school. Then it's off to El Paso, Texas. Finally we will get our life in order and be settled... for 10 months. I joke about our scattered lifestyle, but I do love it and I am looking forward to every minute.

Now I titled this post as if I was going to mention why I want to start a "married life" blog. And the reason is this: before I got married, other blogs or family & friends gave me so much advice on relationships and being married. Now that I am married and I see how difficult it can be, I (and James) want to give that help to anyone who needs it. Or a good laugh if they need that instead; heaven knows we've got plenty to share!

Keep coming back to see the cute & crazy things I decide to do to fill my time away from my hubbie!

xoxo,
The Fowlers

2 comments:

  1. Lindsey I can't wait to keep up with you two. What a great idea. Suzanne has her blog post printed and bound at the end of each year so she has a permanent record. She does one for herself and one each for Riley and Alexa. Many hugs sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogs are a great way to keep in touch with family and friends and also a lot of my friends (including myself) see it as a journal too. Keep up the writing! I will say it's hard to do sometimes but it's worth it =)

    ReplyDelete